Tuesday, November 24, 2020

ている(N5)

 Te-form + いる (Helping verb) is widely used in many Japanese sentences.

Most of the time you have to read from the actual sentence to understand the context and what does it means.

 

I will introduce 4 functions:


1.  Action in progress  

2.  Habitual Action

3.  One's Occupation (Work at/in, work for)

4.  Resultant state(a previous action was performed, completed, and the result of that action has not changed. )

 

Action in progress

わたしは  いま  テレビを みています。

Meaning: I am watching TV now.

 

Habitual Action

わたしは まいにち にほんごを べんきょうしています

Meaning: I am studying Japanese every day.

 

One‘s Occupation

わたしは せんせいを しています。

Meaning: I work as a teacher.

わたしは びょういん で はたらいています。

Meaning: I work at the hospital.

 

Resultant States (not movement)

わたしは おぼえています。

Meaning: I remember.

わたしは しっています。

Meaning: I know.

いま、はれています。

It is sunny now

わたしは おかねを たくさん もっています。

I have a lot of money

わたしは ふとっています。

I am fat

わたしは Tシャツを きています。

I am wearing a T-shirt.

わたしは けっこん しています。

I am married

 

The list of verbs that belong to Resultant States

·        おきる

·        いく (someone has gone to/is in, not is going )

·        かえる

·        くる(someone has come over to visit, not is coming )

·        わかる

·        でかける

·        のる

·        すむ

·        すわる

·        しぬ

·        けす

·        わすれる

·        かりる

·        おりる

·        もってくる

·        つれてくる

 

 Exercises

Genki 1

Genki  1 Work book


 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

「なくて」VS「ないで」

  V stem+ ないで   V stem+ なくて 1 じょうきょう condition 朝ごはんを食べないで学校へ来ました。 I came to school w...